Tuesday 14 April 2009

TV Hell - DFS

Only one good thing could ever come out of the credit crunch: A closing down sale for DFS.

How come these guys seem to have an advertising budget the size of Sir Fred Goodwin's pension? Not a Coronation Street goes by without some leggy, slow-motion blonde hurling herself into a cushion-infested sofa. I end up clenching the arms of my own chair, almost protectively. As if my poor beleaguered sofa feels threatened in some way. In defiance I scream "I don't want that leggy slow-motion blonde near MY furniture!" Actually, now that I come to think of it...

Other than slow-motion blondes, does anyone take their half-price/sale ends Monday promotions seriously? And why do some sofas look like Rubik's snake? Do you sit on it, or twist it and arrange it into a toy dog?

Whaddaya mean you don't remember Rubik's snake?

But you're right. I don't get interior design.

No comments: